Monday 4 March 2013

A Hidden Gem : Sirenas, Vauxhall!

My mum who worked in central London for years and years had always been going out about this restaurant hidden in south bank house in Vauxhall.. It's an authentic Italian restaurant established 1991 and for years I had always heard her go out on about the lunches and dinners she had there.. whilst up in London I met up with my sister and mum in Vauxhall and we all headed off there.. Walking along the river and all I could see where office buildings I wondered where this place could be.. down a side road and in "South Bank House" down some stairs through a door and my mouth just dropped wide opened.. it was like I had stepped into Italy!

The decor was was so traditional Italian with the red and white checked table clothes and the art on the walls and sculptures.. The staff there are beyond amazing (all Italian) and make you feel SOO welcome and at home and like your a regular that's been going for years..

Now to the food, words can't even describe it! Obviously i ordered a pizza whilst my mum had a Carbonara, & my sister a spaghetti bolegnase.. The pizza came out in the shape of a heart and was honestly one of the best pizza's of my life!

                                        (picture from sirenas website.. i forgot my camera!)

After eating our main and having a few drinks the waiter came past and pretended to drop a coffee on me except it was a trick and was a fake cup, such a laugh in there and so much energy and livelyness.

This place is such a hidden gem and only gets its buisness from word of mouth so if  your reading this and live near or are ever near there honestly pop in and give it a go! I cannot rave about this place anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment